The cover of Reader’s Digest for their September issue is our very own Michael V a.k.a. “Bitoy” with a cover title of “Yari Ka!”.
“Yari ka” is a segment in “Bitoy’s Funniest Videos” which is a philippine comedy show aired every Saturday night in GMA 7 hosted by Bitoy himself. In this segment, he does various disguises to pull decent pranks to people where in the end he says the tagline “Yari Ka” just like in “You’ve been punked” in America’s “Punked”.
Reader’s Digest made an international recognition to our talented fella for being a great comedian especially his outstanding ability to impersonate popular icons. The magazine admired his talent as an artist and comedian.
He was very known for his role as “Etong, Betong and Bebang” in “Bitoy’s World” and lately as “Angelina’s Yaya” in Bubble Gang. When interviewed and asked which character he liked best portraying, it would be as “Junee Lee” saying that it is the real Michael V, a shytype person in real life.
He was very humble to say that he was flattered to be the mag’s cover for the month. He was the second Filipino to be in the cover after the former President Cory Aquino was featured for being the first lady president. Bitoy was also awarded 3 times in the Asian TV awards as comedy actor.
What a great comedian and person he is. I really admire him. I am planning to buy the RD’s September issue maybe at the end of the month.
Here is the list of the characters he impersonated and played according to wikipedia.
- Lito (Dwarf Singer) – Lilo and Tito (identical twins of Lito)
- Junee Lee – He was also a co-host with Lani Misalucha in a GMA talk show Celebrity Turns with Junee and Lani and made appearance in Vic Sotto’s
- Evilyn Magpayo a.k.a. Ate Ebs
- idjay Vidjay
- David Criss – a “street magician” character from Bitoy’s Funniest Videos
- Junior – a happy-go-lucky child
- Jacob, Johnny and Julie (parody of Koreanovela characters) – This was also a commercial music video (Joy In My Heart) promo for Joy Ultra.
- Don Miguel of Muchas Grasas
- Etong, Betong and Bebang
- Fredda Torra (in BEBOT or “Binibini ng Eat Bulaga on TV” segment of Eat Bulaga and parody of alien Predator in its series)
- Angelina’s Yaya (known for being a “such-a-loser” maid)
- Gagambala (parody of the upcoming GMA show Gagambino)
- Chika-Dora (parody of Dora the Explorer)
Impersonations (real life people and fictional characters)
- Michael Ricketts (Mike Enriquez) – (coughing, sometimes louder), Excuse me po…& Ronnie Ricketts for the long-back hair
- Bonggang Bongbong (Ben Tulfo)
- Krissy (Kris Aquino)
- Jajajajamby Magdangal (Jamby Madrigal)
- Jun Loyspada (Jun Lozada)
- Kamandog (Kamandag)
- Mary Ann Riviera (Marian Rivera)
- Tom Yam (Tim Yap)
- Madame Rocha (Madame Auring)
- Kitchie Na Day (Kitchie Nadal)
- Marilawin (mixture of Mulawin and Marinara)
- Captain Gargle (Captain Barbell) – He was also an alter-ego of Michael Ricketts.
- Amoyhan of Pinkantadia (Amihan of Encantadia)
- Ate B (Vilma Santos)
- Churang Cuneta (Sharon Cuneta)
- G.M. Hey (President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo)
- Regine “Ang Bilas Ko” (Regine Velasquez)
- Mahalai (Mahal)
- Edi Pil (Eddie Gil)
- Celine Din ‘Yon (Celine Dion)
- Sindi Lupa (Cyndi Lauper)
- Ivan Submarina (Ivan Mayrina, GMA reporter)
- Betty La Kea (Betty La Fea)
- Bakokang (Bakekang)
- Von Jon Bodgie (Jon Bon Jovi)
- Prinsipe (Prince)
- Fake Cuneta (Faith Cuneta)
- Kapatid na Auring
- Pie Palayan (Pie Calayan)
- Get Li (Jet Li)
- Rey Bolero (Rey Valera)
More power to Bitoy =)