internet surfing is one of my hobbies that i am most talented with. i love exploring the net and stumbling on new web pages every now then. besides discovering sites, i love downloading and trying out softwares. and because of my profession, i oftentimes search for text editors that might be very useful to me.
one of my favorite is the PHP Designer. the first version of it that i’ve tried was PHP Designer 2007 and used it for 30 days and loved the experience of coding with it.
then until recently, from our forum at phpugph.com, i just got the news that phpdesigner 2008 was released so i head on to google.com to look for the available trial version. i got a copy from download.com, downloaded and tested it of course.
after minutes of exploration, here are the things i could say i like from this software:
1. on new file, it automatically adds the opening and closing php tags together with a file information comment
2. highlights the line of error, place a red mark on the line number and on highlight to the error line, it shows a tooltip of the error description.
3. shows a tooltip description of built-in function
4. auto-complete function
5. codefolding tree includes the classes, functions variables and contants, and the total number of occurences for each values.
6. xdebug is already built-in
7. has smarty variables ready
8. FTP connection can be set up fast and easy just go to Tools->FTP
9. profiler ready
10. the navigation toolbar was very organized according to ussability
guess there are still lots that i am going to like about PHP Designer 2008. i could say that my 14-days software trial is worth it. i’ll just continue my exploration next time. hope i’ve imparted good information to you. bye for now ^_^